This page has links to current ICCVAM-recommended protocols for the listed methods, the ICCVAM Test Method Evaluation
Reports in which the protocols were originally published, and pages on the ICCVAM website on which additional information
about the evaluation of the method can be found.
Please Note: Many of the complete ICCVAM Test Method Evaluation Reports are large documents and
may take a few minutes to download.
Select links to jump to test method area of interest:
Acute Systemic Toxicity
Revised Up-and-Down Procedure for Acute Oral Toxicity Testing
In Vitro Cytotoxicity Test Methods for Estimating Starting Doses for Acute Oral Systemic
Immunotoxicity: Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Updated Protocol for the Murine Local Lymph Node Assay for Assessing Allergic Contact Dermatitis
Nonradiolabeled Murine Local Lymph Node Assay Methods for Assessing Allergic Contact Dermatitis
In Vitro Test Methods for Assessing Potential to Cause Chemically Induced Eye Injuries
Please note: Some of the protocols listed below are recommended only for nonregulatory, validation, or optimization
studies. Such limitations are noted on the title pages of the relevant protocols.
The most recent ICCVAM evaluation of these test methods was published in the
ICCVAM Test Method Evaluation Report, NIH Document No. 10-7553, 2010
- Protocol for the Bovine Corneal Opacity and Permeability Test Method Updated July 2012
- Protocol for the Cytosensor Microphysiometer Test Method Updated April 2011
- Protocol for the Hen's Egg Test—Chorioallantoic Membrane Test Method
- Protocol for the Isolated Chicken Eye Test Method Updated July 2012
- Protocol for the Isolated Rabbit Eye Test Method
Volume 1 of NIH 10-7553
Volume 2 of NIH 10-7553
More information about the ICCVAM evaluation of in vitro ocular testing methods
In Vitro Test Methods Proposed for Assessing Pyrogenicity of Pharmaceuticals and Other Products
Protocols were published as Appendix C to ICCVAM Test Method Evaluation Report, NIH Document No. 10-7553, 2010
- Protocol for the Human Whole Blood/Interleukin-1β Test Method
- Protocol for the Human Whole Blood/Interleukin-1β Test Method:
Application of Cryopreserved Human Whole Blood
- Protocol for the Human Whole Blood/Interleukin-6 Test Method
- Protocol for the Human Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cell/Interleukin-6 Test Method
- Protocol for the Mono Mac 6/Interleukin-6 Test Method
More information about the ICCVAM evaluation of in vitro pyrogen testing methods
Please note: Availability of the Mono Mac 6 cell line for commercial testing purposes may be limited.
See the in vitro pyrogen test method evaluation page of the ICCVAM website for details.